Service Technician (Shop)
Location: Brampton & Ottawa Ontario
Vermeer Canada has been making an impact by providing industrial equipment that is built tough, built to perform, built for value and backed by caring customer service. But our impact doesn’t stop there. It goes far beyond the high-quality of our yellow iron. Caring support has been in the Vermeer DNA since our founding in 1948. With over 10 locations across the country and 110 team members dedicated to sales, parts and service.
Working for Vermeer Canada isn’t just a job; it’s a career at a company that cares about you. In your first 12 months of employment, you can expect mentoring and to receive structured, hands-on training. Our technicians receive a competitive hourly wage and are offered an exceptional benefits package. We re-invest in our branches, so you will work in a safe, and clean environment.
Our culture is the built on TLC “Think Like a Customer” knowing that together we can make a difference in how we do things and with our professionalism that impacts the customer and his business in a positive manner.
Vermeer Canada Inc. is looking for a full-time Service Technician in the Brampton and Ottawa, Ontario locations to effectively diagnose, rebuild and repair Vermeer and Non Vermeer equipment. Perform inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Prepare and maintain reports. Under limited supervision, perform work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment and other duties as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot equipment problems or malfunctions, which could involve the interpretation of electrical or hydraulic schematics.
- Prepares job estimates, including replacement parts utilization and, in accordance with work schedules and/or promised completion dates, effects necessary mechanical/electrical/hydraulic repairs, as required.
- Performs scheduled maintenance services on equipment, as required, ie. Pre-delivery, rental fleet.
- Ensures that related records, ie. Service reports, timesheets, etc., are properly completed; reviews factory bulletins and other information to remain updated on any pertinent changes.
- Provides technical assistance to Sales and Parts, as required; provides assistance and generally shares knowledge with others, ie. Apprentices / more junior technicians, when/if applicable.
- Maintains a complete familiarity with the practical operation of all equipment, providing assistance with demos, as called upon.
- Conveys a professional presence, particularly in field locations, ensuring that problems are tactfully explained and customer relations are satisfied.
- Maintains and leaves all work areas clean, unobstructed and orderly condition.
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures, with particular emphasis on Health and safety.
- Heavy Equipment Technician license / Journeyman designation
- Excellent troubleshooting, technical skills; detail oriented, with good organizational abilities
- Good communication skills in both, technical and non-technical aspects
- Must be technically motivated to provide application support
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to Amanda Larocque: firstname.lastname@example.org